2018 Yamaha EF5500D
Power-Packed and Loaded With Features
The EF5500 offers the Contractor and home back up customer 5500 watts of power at a great value.
- Reduced price, more wattage – Great value with the same legendary quality and performance.
- The EF5500DE comes with an electric starter and auto choke for effortless push button starting.
- Comes standard with wheels, fold-down/locking handles and battery.
- Eight hours run time at full load – 13% longer run time than previous model.
- Digital Hour Meter, Digital Volt Meter displays total run time accumulation for servicing and indicates the voltage output.
- 3 year industrial and residential warranty with optional Y.E.S. for customer peace of mind.
- Lifting eye convenient for hoisting and security.
- OHV engine offers efficiency, increased reliability, and quieter operation.
- Full power, full time 120/240 dual voltage is ideal for the job site or home backup.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interruption (GFCI) senses a leak to ground to reduce risk of electric shock.
- Fuel gauge provides easy monitoring of fuel level.
- The EF5500D/DE features a rugged design with full roll cage protection for heavy jobs.
- New and improved OHV MZ360 engine with a hemispherical head — Yamaha legendary durability and reliability
- Rugged Wheel kit w/fold-down locking handles — Standard on EF5500DE and EF5500D
- The battery is standard on the EF5500DE — Wheel kit and Battery are a great value and offer added convenience for transport and starting
- Cast iron cylinder lining — Optimal heat dissipation
- Automatic oil warning system shuts off engine before oil level is low — Prevents engine damage, avoids costly repairs, minimizes down time, enhances long term durability
- Transistorized ignition provides lean, efficient spark — Maintenance-free and ensures fast, easy starting, reliable operation
- Auto decompression — Automatically “opens” exhaust valve to reduce compression for easier starting
- EPA Emission Engine Life Rating — The EF5500DE and EF5500D meet the strictest environmental standards - EPA and CARB
- Ground Fault Interrupter (G.F.I.) — If the system senses a leak to “ground,” it automatically cuts off power to help prevent injuries
- Fuel gauge — Lets operator monitor how much fuel is left
- Tool kit — Makes service easier
- Type: Dual voltage, Brushless, AC Generator
- Maximum AC Output: 5500 watts
- Rated AC Output: 4500 watts
- Rated / Maximum AC Current: Rated / Maximum AC Current 36.0 / 44.0 amps @ 120V - 18.75 / 22.9 amps @ 240V
- Engine: MZ360
- Displacement: 358cc
- Overall Length: 31.5 in
- Overall Width: 28.4 in
- Overall Height: 29.1 in (handle down)
- Dry Weight: 221.7 lb
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.9 gal
- Continuous Operation at Rated Load: 9.0 hr
- Noise Level: 74.1 dBA
- Warranty: 3 Years Limited Warranty
Available Accessories & Options
- Wired Remote Kit — Features a 33-foot cord with remote starter switch
- Yamaha Extended Service — Additional 1, 2 or 3 years of Y.E.S. is available
NOTES:Price and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- 31.5 in.
- 28.4 in.
- 29.1 in.
- 212 lb.
- AC Output
- Maximum: 5500 W; Rated: 4500 W
- Fuel Tank Capacity
- 6.9 gal.
- Noise Level
- 74.1 dBA
- Run Time
- 9.0 hr